Friday, April 30, 2010

WHAT HAS IESM ACHIEVED ?? by cdr kk punchhi, canada

Dear Friends,

Every once in a while, my friends ask me about IESM. I tell them what I know about it but obviously I'm not fully in the picture. I think it would be a good idea to prepare a write up so that it can be sent to all those who ask for details. Facts like the date of inception, registration with authorities, its charter, current figures of finances and membership, its acievements, its committees and sub committees, how it has helped ESM especially rural ORs and widows, etc. We should also bring out how the bank branches have come to regard IESM reps as their friends who sort out defence pension problems. I think this fact and info sheet should be put out now and and should be updated every 3 or 6 months. Since not everyone can open attachments, it is better if the info is in the form of an email circular.

Secondly, there is a suggestion from some quarters that IESM should take the medals to Rashtrapati Bhavan and hand them over only to the President. If the medals are not accepted by her, they should be brought back and the media informed about it. I think things are changing. Recently, the President waited at the airport after landing, in order to personally pay respects to the dead bodies of defence personnel killed in Kabul. She waited at the airport even when the plane from Kabul was delayed by an hour or so.

Submitted.

Regards................K K Punchhi

No comments:

Post a Comment